In game information
Description: A hearty, healthy veggie soup.
Yes, I think I can be officially called a Starbound addict from now on. While playing my human character, I found the Veggie Soup to be one of the most interesting food item one can craft at the beginning. I also tried to follow the in game recipe in this one, witch called for: “Carrot, potato and tomato”
(150g) 1 Diced large potato
(150g) 2 Diced carrots
1 L Water
0,5 tsp Sea salt
(300g) 1 Can of sweet corn
2 tbs Butter
2 tbs Tomato puree
1,5 dl Cream
3 dl Milk
0,5 tsp Black pepper
0,5 tsp White pepper
1 tsp Corn starch
1 Pinch of salt
- Start gently boiling the diced potato and carrots in the water with sea salt.
- In the meantime, mix sweet corn, butter, tomato puree, cream, milk, peppers and corn starch well in a saucepan.
- Start heating up the sweet corn soup base until it thickens just a tiny bit.
- Take off the soup base before it starts to boil and blend it well with a hand blender.
- Sieve the soup to get rid of the sweetcorn skins.
- Pour the soup base back to the saucepan and add one pinch of salt.
- When the diced potato and carrots are done, strain them well and add to the sweetcorn soup.
– Do not throw the leftover corn skins away, you can use them in bread the next time you bake it!
– Makes about 2-3 servings
– Remember to use potatoes with a firm texture that are suitable for soups.
– Do not boil the vegetables over too high heat or else they might start breaking up.
Difficulty: EASY MEDIUM HARD