In game information
Ingredients: Any vegetable.
Time to bring in some real grub. Today’s dish won’t be winning any beauty contests or get on any top lists for healthies foods to eat, but it surely isn’t lacking in taste. Despite the fatty ingredients, this casserole did not end up tasting all that greasy and in my mind the coriander and black pepper cover up nicely the strong fishy taste from the canned tuna. Although, how one would be able to craft this dish using “any vegetable” is beyond me.
1 Can of tuna chunks in water (150g)
Bunch of chopped fresh coriander (3-5g)
1 tsp Ground black pepper
200 g Macaroni (Barilla – Mini penne)
30 g Salted Butter
30 g All purpose flour
4 dl Whole milk
100 g Grated gouda cheese
- Preheat oven at 225°C.
- Drain the tuna and mix it together with coriander and black pepper.
- Prepare the macaroni according to the package instructions.
- Drain and set the macaroni aside.
- Melt the butter in a saucepan.
- Whisk the flour in with the butter.
- Add the milk to the flour and butter slowly in a thin stream.
- Keep whisking the sauce slowly until it thickens.
- Take the sauce off the heat and throw in the cheese. Mix until it has completely melted.
- Combine the tuna with the macaroni, and then stir in the sauce.
- Pour the mixed ingredients into a casserole dish and bake it for about 20 minutes, until golden brown.
- Let the cassarole sit for a while and serve!
– Make sure you have everything else ready when you start making the sauce, since mixing it in gets more difficult if it cools down too much!
Difficulty: EASY MEDIUM HARD