In game information
Description: A hearty tomato juice.
The beginning of summer called for another refreshing drink recipe, so here it is! Since the storebought tomato juices seem to be too thick or too salty for my taste, I decided to make my own, and pack it with all sort of good stuff to keep you going on a hot sunny day. Also just to keep you alerted while exploring new dangerous and mysterious planets, i threw some chili in there for a good measure.
1 kg Tomatoes (overripe)
50 g Leek
1/3 rd Red chili (3-4 grams)
1 tbs Cane sugar
1 tsp Salt
1 Pinch of black pepper
1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
– Fresh basil
- Wash well and chop the tomatoes, leek and chili coarsely.
- Add chopped tomatoes and leek into a pot and cover with a lid.
- Bring the mixture to a simmer and cook it for about 25 minutes.
- Add sugar, salt, pepper and Worcestershire sauce to the tomatoes.
- Use a hand blender to turn the tomatoes into a soupy mixture.
- Force the mixture trough a metal sieve.
- Let the juice cool completely and store it in the fridge.
– Makes about 1 litre of tomato juice.
Difficulty: EASY MEDIUM HARD