In game information
Description: Smells like fresh feet.
Yet another easy recipe for Fallen Earth fans. Remarkably, this processed soy bean product does not smell all that much like fresh feet (Altough, after it has been sitting in the storage for hunread of years, changes in the taste and smell can occur, I suppose). Take a break from slaughtering those prairie chickens and quench your thirst with this pre-apocalipse canned good!
250g Soy beans
1 tbs Sugar
- Put the soybeans into a bowl and cover them with water.
- Allow the beans to soak overnight.
- Rinse and strain the beans well.
- Put half of the beans into a blender with 4 dl of water and blend them.
- Add rest of the beans with another 4 dl of water to the blender and blend the beans for about 2-4 minutes until the beans have completely broken down.
- Strain the soy bean liquid trough a cheese cloth or a very fine metal sieve, collecting it in a cooking pot.
- Add 4 dl of water to the soybean liquid.
- Bring the mixture to a simmer on low-medium heat.
- Let the mixture simmer for 30 minutes.
- Take the mixture off the heat and add a couple of pinches of salt and 1 tbs of sugar to the soy milk and stir well.
- Skim the foam off the top (if there is any) and let the soy milk cool to room temperture.
- Store the cooled soy milk in the fridge.
– Makes about 1 litre of soy milk.
– Keep in mind that you can add more water if you like more mild tasting soy milk.
– You can also spice up your soy milk with: chocolate, cinnamon, vanilla, bananas.
– Do not throw away the ground soybean/okara, since it can be used in food as a protein supplement!
Difficulty: EASY MEDIUM HARD