Description: A container of Remoulade.
Effects: Hunger -10, Boredom +10, Unhappiness +5.
Well well well… It was about time I got something new done for my blog, even it is just a fairly simple recipe. However I will hopefully get back on track with the recipes soon, since the school has been taking a lot of my time the past month.
I had plans to make the mayo for this recipe from scratch, but since it’s kinda tricky to get it “ooey gooey” enough to hold the vegetables and the liquid coming off from them without becoming watery, I decided to go easy on this one and use the ready made one.
With this recipe you will get some all around nice remoulade with not too strong flavours in it, so it should satisfy the taste of most people and be suitable for a varierty of dishes. (altough best enjoyed with some crispy fried potatoes or roasted chiken in my opinion!).
All in all with this recipe you will get a lot of nice and creamy dip for your food, although eating this just as it is might not be the most enjoyable experience even when facing the zombie apocalypse… but it surely keeps the hunger pains away for a moment.
80g Pickles (in dile)
80g Preboiled carrots
80g Fresh cucumber
Pinch of salt
250g Mayonnaise (Hellmann’s)
Pinch of ground nutmeg
Pinch of ground allspice
Pinch of ground white pepper
Few pinches of garlic powder
- Cut the Pickles, carrots and cucumber into chunks and place them in a blender with the capers and a pinch of salt.
- Use the pulse mode in your blender to cut the vegetables into very fine pieces.
- Place the vegetables into a metal sieve, pace the sieve over a bowl and refridgerate for alteast 1 hour.
- In a bowl, mix the chopped vegetables and mayonnaise with the spices.
- Scoop the remoulade into a sealable container and refrigerate.
– You should let the vegetables sweat off the liquid for at least one whole hour, but I ended up leaving them to drain overnight to make sure they wont turn my remoulade runny.
Difficulty: EASY MEDIUM HARD