In game information
Description: A bowl of fried mushroom and onions.
Ingredients: Fried Mushrooms, Fried Onions,
Used in: Mushroom potato.
Don’t be misled by the simple ingredients and easy preparation: this snack/side-dish is incredibly tasty, and surely earns it’s place as one of my all time favourite recipes. All you need is a slice of bread or a juicy steak to go with this dish and you have yourself a meal!
2 tbs Olive oil
3 tbs Butter
2 Sliced medium onions
3 Sliced large champignon
- Heat up 1 tbs of butter and 1 tbs of olive oil in a large pan over high heat.
- Add sliced onions to the pan, and a couple of large pinches of salt and sugar.
- Brown and cook the onions until they are almost completely soft.
- Set the heat on medium and push the onion slices to one side of the pan, away from the heat.
- Add 2 tbs of butter and 1 tbs of olive oil to the pan.
- Now fry the mushrooms with a couple of pinches of salt and white pepper.
- Serve with steak, burgers, bread or eat them as they are!
– Makes about 1-2 servings.
– If you feel that your onion slices are browned enough but not fully cooked, pile them to the center of the pan, add 1-2 tablespoons of water and cover them with a lid for a while.
Difficulty: EASY MEDIUM HARD