In game information
Description: Alchemy Ingredient.
Used in: Elsweyr Fondue, Lavender dumpling, Skooma.
Finally I bring you an update! Developing recipes is not always easy, but perfecting them is well worth the time: today I present to you a Khajiit treat called moon sugar, wich I interpreted as some sort of hard-candy/sea-foam hybrid. Despite not having any alchemical value, this moon sugar has a pleasant brittle and flaky feeling, while the taste varies from sour to orangey.
3dl Granulated sugar
1dl Light syrup
1tsp Citric acid
2,5tsp Baking powder
1tsp Orange food coloring
2tsp Orange flavoring
- In a large pot combine sugar, water and syrup and start cooking it over high heat.
- Keep heating the sugary mixture until it reaches hard-crack stage (160° C – 168° C).
- Take the sugary mixture off the heat and mix in citric acid and baking powder and give it a quick mix.
- Pour half of the sugary mixture to a pan lined with a baking sheet.
- Mix the orange food coloring and orange flavoring to the rest of the sugary mixture what is left in the pot and pour it on top of the first batch on the baking sheet.
- Take a spoon,fork or a wooden stick and use it to draw random patterns by mixing the white caramel into the orange one.
- Let the “moon sugar” cool down for about 1 hour, after that you should be able to snap it into pieces.
- Dust the pieces with powdered sugar to prevent them from sticking to eachother.
- Store the moon sugar into an airtight container.
– If you do not have a thermometer for making candy, you can test the tempetature by dropping some of the hot candy into cold water, if the candy turns hard and brittle, it means it is ready.
– It is important to use a large enough pot and watch the candy druning the entire process, since it can easily burn or boil over.
– Do not mix the hot candy too much after adding the baking powder, since it can easely lose the airy texture.
– Makes about 300g of moon sugar.
Difficulty: EASY MEDIUM HARD