In game information
Description: Restore 10 points of Health. Magicka is increased by 4 points for 60 seconds.
Ingredients: 1 Butter, 2 Jazbay berries, 1 Sack of flour.
Since I’ve been planning on making videos for my blog for a long time, I needed something easy to start experimenting with; and since I already had the dough for the crostatas ready, I tought that making the jazbay variation would be a great recipe to start with.
Now… You can use fresh blueberries instead of frozen ones, but I ended up using the frozen ones for this recipe since they are available all year round… Although topping the crostata with some fresh blueberries makes a more flashy and delicious finish. (check the instructions for crostatas using fresh blueberries from the tips/info section).
This variation of crostata has a considerably less tangy and sour taste to it than the snowberry one, so I’d recommend trying this one first, if you are not sure whether you like strong flavours in your sweet stuff.
275g Pastry flour ( “tipo 00” )
10g Vanilla sugar
pinch of salt
3 Egg yolks
150g Soft butter
150 g Frozen Blueberries
10 g Potato starch
200g Blackcurrant jam
150 g Fresh Blueberries
200 g Blackcurrant jam
- In a bowl, mix together egg yolks, butter, sugars and salt.
- Gradually add the flour to the mixture and knead it in well.
- Create a ball out of the dough, cover it and refridgerate it at least for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven at 175°C.
- Prepare the filling by mixing the potato starch and berries together.
- Take the dough from the fridge and split it in 3-4 pieces.
- Set the dough chunks on a baking sheet and flatten them with your hands until they form about 0,5cm thick circles.
- Spread few tablespoons of jam on each crostata
- Add generous amount of berries to each crostata.
- Roll up the sides of the crostatas.
- Bake the crostatas for 20-30 minutes in the oven.
- Take the crostatas from the oven and let them cool off before cutting and serving them.
– Let the crostatas cool down long enough to avoid crumbling.
– When using fresh berries instead of frozen ones, I suggest that you bake the crostatas with just the jam and top the freshly baked crostatas with the fresh blueberries. (Remember to poke few holes with a fork to the flattened crostata dough before spreading the jam.)
Difficulty: EASY MEDIUM HARD