In game information
Description: Wow! lots of sweet stuff.
This recipe is my tribute to one of the oldest and best games I know. I remember playing this game when I was a kid, and ever since, every time I see a Hurthling cake sitting in the cave or shop floor, I have an idea of how it looks and tastes like; and now almost two decades later I finally made it in real life. Best way I can describe it is as some sort of a strange spice cake/carrot cake hybrid; the cake itself is pretty rich and strong in flavor while the topping is sweet and sour.
3dl White flour
2tsp Baking powder
1dl Chopped almonds
1tbs Pure cocoa
1dl Dark syrup
1,5dl Cane sugar
200g Butter (soft)
50g Butter (soft)
200g Cream cheese
1,5dl Powdered sugar
1tbs Vanilla custard powder
Blue food coloring
- Preheat the oven to 175°C.
- Mix Semolina, flour, baking powder, cocoa and almonds in a bowl.
- In another bowl whisk syrup, sugar and butter together using an electric mixer.
- After that whisk the eggs in to the sugar/butter mixture one by one until the texture turns fluffy.
- Set aside the electric mixer and slowly add the flour to the fluffy batter and mix carefully.
- Pour the batter into a buttered cake tin and bake in the oven for 45-60 minutes in the lower rack.
- Remove the cake from oven and let it cool down completely before adding the glaze.
- Combine everything else except the blue dye in a bowl and whisk them using electrical mixer.
- whisk in 0,5tsp of blue food coloring at the time until desired color has been achieved.
- Spread the topping evenly on the cake.
– To see if the cake is fully baked, stick a toothpick in it, if nothing sticks to the toothpick, your cake should be ready.
– Makes enough batter fo fill one 19x7cm round cake tin.
Difficulty: EASY MEDIUM HARD