In game information
Description: Quick meal
It was about time I added a new recipe, and this time I´ve created something that most of you probably find on your breakfast table. This recipe is nothing too fancy but sure will get you started straight from the morning, since it is loaded with carbohydrates and sugar! All you need now is some yougurt or cold milk.
1 dl Ground hazelnut
6 dl Rolled oats
1 Granny smith apple (100g)
1 tbs Sugar
40 g Butter
0,5 dl Runny honey
0,5 dl Dark syrup
1 tsp Ground cinnamon
0,5 tsp Salt
1-2 tbs Water (optional)
- Preheat oven to 175°c.
- Combine the ground hazelnut and rolled oats in a large bowl.
- Peel and cut the apple into small dice and mix it well with the sugar.
- Heat up a saucepan and cook the apple dice over high heat, stirring constantly.
- Once the apples give off little to no steam, add 10 grams of butter and keep cooking until the apples are slightly transparent and golden.
- Take the apples off the heat and set them aside to cool down a bit.
- Combine the rest of the butter, honey and syrup in a saucepan and start cooking over high heat.
- Once the syrupy mix starts to slightly bubble, take it off the heat and mix cinnamon and salt to it.
- Let the syrup cool down a bit, then mix it together with the oats and apples.
- If the granola mix looks a bit too dry, add 1-2 tbs of water to it.
- Set the uncooked granola on a baking sheet and bake it in the oven for 15 minutes.
- After 15 minutes, give the granola a good mix and bake it for another 10 minutes.
- After the 10 minutes give the granola another good mix, and proceed to bake it 5 more minutes.
- Once the granola gets a golden color, take it off the oven, mix it once more and leave it to cool down.
- Once it has cooled down and dried, store the granola into an airtight container.
– Keep on checking the granola every now and then while it is in the oven, especially at the last moments, since it tends to get burned easily!
Difficulty: EASY MEDIUM HARD