In game information
Description: Fried rice, a Hylotl staple.
Since the starbound bug bit me again, I wanted to make something out of this game. So today I bring you something simple and mild tasting, it can be served as a side dish or eaten as it is. This recipe was a lot of fun to make, since the idea to come up with something that eggshoot would taste like was interesting, also I do not like usually to use leek in my recipes, but this time I managed to cook it so that it was tasty and not chewy at all.
30g Thinly sliced leek
2 Egg whites
150 g (2 dl) Boiled jasmine rice
- Melt the butter in a pan over low heat.
- Add the leek to the pan and cook it for about 1-2 minutes.
- Set the heat to medium and add the egg whites to the pan along with couple of pinces of white pepper.
- When the eggs whites are halfway cooked, add the rice.
- Keep cooking the food for about 5-10 minutes while stirring it constantly, until the leek starts to look a bit transparent.
- Add couple pinces of salt and give the rice one last good mix before serving.
– Watch out not to brow the butter while cooking the leek!
– Makes 1 small meal.
– As always, feel free to add more salt or pepper to suit your taste.
Difficulty: EASY MEDIUM HARD