In game information
Description: Makes you feel a little better.
Ingredients: Simple flour, Cocoa beans.
After failing to make the recipe for world of warcraft “spiced bread” about 5 times, I tought about doing something a bit easier… and since it´s christmas time, I decided to bring you something that fits the holiday season, so here it is! A nice alternative to the regular gingerbreads, with a strong chocolate flavor. These cookies also make a nice personal christmas present for the warcraft fanboys/girls.
1.5dl Dark syrup
1.5dl Whole milk
1tsp Baking soda
150g Dark baking chocolate
1tsp Ground cinnamon
1tsp Ground ginger
6dl White flour
- Combine in a pot the syrup, milk and sugar.
- Heat up the mixture while stirring slowly.
- Take the pot off the heat and add the rest of the ingredients except the flour.
- Mix well until the chocolate and butter have completely dissolved.
- Let the mixture cool down.
- Now you can add the flour slowly, 1 dl at the time.
- Wrap the ready cookie dough in plastic and refrigerate it overnight.
- The next day, preheat your oven to 200°C
- Slightly flour your working surface.
- Apply some flour to your rolling pin and roll the dough to a thin sheet.
- Cut into desired shapes with cookie cutters.
- Bake the cookies for 5-6 minutes.
- Let the cookies cool down and garnish them with frosting.
– If you have never baked gingerbreads before, I suggest that you use a generous amount of flour to dust your working surface, since it can be pretty tricky to get the cookies off.
– To avoid the dough from sticking to the surface it is also good to roll the dough while it is sitll cold, once the grease in the dough reaches room thempetature the dough will stick and break more easily.
– As I mentioned, these things make a nice personal present, it is up to you if you want to bake a small basket full of regular sized cookies, or one huge cookie. (if you decide to make one big cookie instead of small ones, I suggest you leave it quite thick and bake it for 1-2 extra minutes, but be carefully not to burn it!)
Difficulty: EASY MEDIUM HARD