In game information
Ingredients: Cheese, Steak.
Enough with the vegetables already! Now, I’ve never made or eaten a proper cheesesteak in my life, so making this one required a bigger than usual amount of research/trial and error to be made, but I’m happy about how it turned out. The onions and the balsamic vinegar have a really nice sweet and sour thing going on, and the strong cheese serves as a nice “back bone” to the whole dish.
250g Beef steak (round steak/rib-eye/sirloin)
2 tbs Rapeseed oil
2 Big onions (250g)
0,5 tsp Ground black pepper
0.5 tsp Salt
2 tbs Tomato puree (30g)
2 tbs Balsamic vinegar
1 dl Water
Bread (Steak roll)
Thin slices of cheddar cheese
- Put the steak meat into a freezer for 1-2hours and cut it into thin slices once it is stiff.
- Leave the steaks into room temperature to get warm before cooking.
- Peel, half and cut the onions into thin slices.
- Heat up the oil in a large frying pan over high heat.
- Add the onions into the pan and fry them until they are transparent and slightly browned.
- Push the onions to one side of the pan, and fry the meat on the empty part of the pan until lightly browned.
- Lower the temperature to low, mix in rest of the ingredients and cover the pan with a lid.
- Let the meat simmer for about 15 minutes.
- Give the cheesesteak meat one last good stir before adding it and the cheese on a steak roll.
- Serve immediately accompanied by an ice cold beverage.
-I suggest getting some strong cheddar cheese (or some other strong cheese) so that the taste of it sands out in the strong blasamic vinegar and onion.
Difficulty: EASY MEDIUM HARD