In game information
Ingredients: Tomato, Basil.
Oh noes… summer is almost over! Here’s a dish that lets you enjoy the vibrant colors of summer even in the middle of the winter. Usually the caprese salad is made by drizzling the olive oil and possible seasonings on top but I tought: “well screw that, I want full on flavour in mine” and decided to go with a bit more brutal way of seasoning it. Just make sure you have plenty of rustic bread at hand for picking up all that oil and juices from the tomatoes and cheese when you are done eating them!
2 Tomatoes (about 300g)
250 g Mozzarella cheese
2 tsp capers (10g)
Handful of fresh basil leaves (3g)
0,5 dl Extra virgin olive oil
More fresh basil leaves for garnish
- Wash and cut the tomatoes into thick slices.
- Drain the mozzarella and cut it into thick slices.
- Chop the capers so that they are almost pureed.
- Chop the basil leaves coarsely.
- In a small bowl, mix the oil, basil and capers.
- Dip the mozzarella and tomato slices in the herb/oil mixture and set them on the plate alternating slices of tomato and mozzarella.
- Drizzle any remaining oil and herbs on top.
- (Optional) Sprinkle the salad with a couple pinches of salt.
- Garnish with fresh basil and serve.
-Use a sharp sawbladed knife for the tomatoes to cut them with ease.
Difficulty: EASY MEDIUM HARD