In game information
Description: It is still a question who contrives to bake bread in the Zone or how they manage to carry it through the border but this bread is not radioactive and quite edible.
The bread you would find in the zone, be it baked or imported, isn’t probably going to be too complicated; so I wanted to keep this bread quite simple, making it ideal for everyday use and sandwiches. However, I did want to add a dash of garlic powder in the mix, just to ward off any bloodsuckers that might be lurking in the darkness of the zone.
2,5 dl Water (Warm)
20 g Yeast (Fresh)
1 tsp Salt
2 tsp Garlic powder
20 g Butter (melted)
8-10 dl White flour
- Combine water, yeast, salt, garlic and melted butter in a bowl.
- Add the flour slowly and knead the dough well.
- Cover the dough with a cloth and set it to a warm place to rise until it has doubled in size.
- Divide the dough to two pieces and roll them into about 30x30cm squares.
- Roll and pack up the dough tightly as possible (roll the dough up like a swiss roll).
- Turn the ends of the rolls under the bread and pinch them in so that they stick to the dough.
- Set the rolls of bread on a baking sheet/tray (the seam side facing down) and cut 4-6 shallow diagonal shashes on the surface of the loafs.
- Set the unbaked breads to rise on a warm place, until they have about doubled in size.
- While you wait for the breads to rise, set the oven to 250°C.
- Once the breads have risen, put about 2 dl of water in a metal container to the oven.
- Brush the loafs of unbaked bread with water, and bake them for about 15 minutes.
– Makes 2 loafs of bread.
– Adding a cup with some water to the oven before baking creates steam, wich helps to form a crisp surface for the bread.
– Do not cover the breads after you have baked them to keep the surface crisp.
Difficulty: EASY MEDIUM HARD