In game information
Ingredients: Snow Truffle, Bowl of mushroom risotto, Asparagus Spear.
Effects: Nourishment (30 m): +80 condition damage +60 precision +10
Experience from kills.
I just noticed it’s the season for enjoying asparagus, so I decided to make something out of it and here it is! Now I could have just made a bunch of mushroom risotto and bake some asparagus spears on it, but I wanted to take it to another level so that you will get to taste the boiled and baked versions of asparagus… Oh and just a word of warning, cooking risotto takes a lot of time so plan your GW2 raids accordingly!
4 Tbs Olive oil (40g)
1 Chopped shallot onion (50g)
1-2 Finely chopped brown portobello mushrooms (30g)
3-4 Sliced brown portobello mushrooms (50g)
2 Peeled/Sliced asparagus spears (40g)
100 g Porridge rice
0.5 dl White wine
5 dl Meat stock
20 g Grated parmesan cheese
20 g Butter
- Heat up the olive oil in a large pot.
- Add chopped onion and mushroom and fry over high heat until onion is transparent.
- Add sliced mushroom and asparagus and fry them for a few minutes.
- Add porridge rice and keep stirring for one or two minutes.
- Throw in the pot the white wine and stir it until the wine has evaporated.
- Add all the meatstock and lower the tempetature to medium.
- Keep stirring the risotto every now and then, and add water if nessecary until the rice is soft but not mushy. (keep in mind that the risotto needs to be thick and creamy when it is ready, so add only tiny amounts of water at the time so it has time to get consumed)
- Once the rice is cooked, take the risotto off the heat and stir in quickly the parmesan and butter.
- Garnish with asparagus spears and serve immedeatly.
- Preheat oven at 225°C
- Peel the asparagus spears.
- Toss the asparagus spears in heafty amount of olive oil.
- Set the spears on a baking pan.
- Sprinke the asparagus spears with some salt and a generous amount of grated parmisan cheese.
- Bake the asparagus for about 10-15 minutes.
– Since the risotto is easily burned at the beginning, the cooking time varies a lot depending what brand the rice is, and it requires some former experience in cooking in order to get the rice just right, I decided to classify this recipe as HARD.
– Like I said before, adding too much water will just result in overcooked or soaky rice, so it is best to keep adding tiny amounts (1-0,5dl) at a time, and keep an eye on it to tell when the rice will be soft, but not mushy.
– With this recipe you will get enough risotto for 2 people (for 1 person if you are really hungry!).
Difficulty: EASY MEDIUM HARD