In game information
Description: Restore 20 points of Stamina. Stamina regenerates 40% slower for 30 seconds.
Well since I already made the recipe for honningbrew mead, it was only fair to make the recipe of the rival brewery. Black-briar mead is told to be inferior in quality since “Honningbrew uses only the finest natural honey, not that sludge you’ll find at Goldenglow Estate”. So I decided to replace half of the honey with dark syrup to give it a darker color and kind of an”musty” taste, and to use less apple juice so it won´t overpower the taste of honey and syrup.
200g Honey (crystallized)
200g Dark syrup
2l Hot Water
2l Cloudy apple juice
(0,5dl) Juice from half a lemon
1 pea sized piece of fresh yeast
- Scoop the honey and add the dark syrup into a 5 litre plastic bucket/container.
- Pour the hot water on top of the honey/syrup and mix it until the honey has dissolved.
- Pour the apple and fresh lemon juices into the container.
- (Wait until the raw mead cools down to room tempetature.)
- Take some raw mead in to a small cup and mix the yeast in it thoroughly.
- Pour the yeast to the rest of the raw mead and mix it well.
- Seal the container but leave it slightly open on one side.
- Let the mead sit in the room tempetature for 24 hours.
- Bottle the mead and leave the caps slightly open for the pressure to escape.
- Refrigerate for 4-7 days before consuming.
– Use ONLY preservative-free apple juice, since preservatives might kill the yeast!
– If you have them, you can use more professional tools like airlock for the brewing process.
– This will result into a low alcohol content bewerage, so consumer be aware!
– If you are in a hurry, you can let the mead sit in the room temperature for extra 1-2 days before refrigerating to speed things up.
Difficulty: EASY MEDIUM HARD