In game information
Ingredients: Apple, uncooked pie.
Effects: Health Increase 4.
Well, since my Skyrim chicken dumplings recipe seems to need some more fine tuning, and I’m still waiting for my “tipo 00” flour to arrive in the mail to start doing some proper crostata and ravioli recipes, I decided to do something that I propbably should have done earlier for my blog.
Arx Fatalis – Apple pie was the first ever in-game recipe that I remember creating in real life, and that was over 10 years ago. This time I kinda wanted to make it more medieval and use less sugar and more apples etc etc… but in the end I decided to go with the recipe that the younger version of me came up with back then.
Now this pie recipe is very easy to make (suitable even for the people hiding in underground cities from the eternal winter), and the pie turns out very fluffy and has almost no tangy taste to it at all.
…Only one question has been bothering me since I started planning this recipe: who the heck grew all those apples?
70 g Butter (salted)
3 dl (260g) Buttermilk (room temperature)
280 g Semi-coarse white flour
2 tsp Baking soda
1 tsp Ground cinnamon
140 g Cane sugar
2-3 Small apples (discovery)
20-30 g Butter
- Wash, core, peel and and place the apples in a bowl full of cold water.
- Melt the butter on a small saucepan.
- Continue from step no.8 in the pie recipe.
- Preheat oven at 200°C.
- Melt the butter and let it to cool down.
- In a bowl, mix togethether melted butter and buttermilk.
- In another bowl, mix together the dry ingredients.
- (Prepare the toppings at this point)
- Mix together the wet and dry ingredients.
- Spread the dough evenly on a pie dish.
- Drain and cut the apples into about 0,5cm thick wedges.
- Press each apple wedge gently into the dough.
- Brush the pie with the melted butter.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes.
– This recipe made a perfect amount of dough for a round 22cm x 2cm (9in x 1in) pie dish.
– Since the apples are on top, they start to shrink and change color quite fast, so it is best to serve this dish when freshly baked.
– One way to know it your pie is ready is to stick a toothpick in it, if the toothpick comes off clean from the center of the pie, it’s baked enough!
– As always, you might use more or less flour making the pie, since the amount of flour required can vary a LOT from brand to brand!
Difficulty: EASY MEDIUM HARD